Buddhists living at home and abroad are organising various rituals and programmes across the country to mark the Buddha Jayanti.
On the occasion, President Dr Ram Baran Yadav has greeted all and said that the message of peace, non-violence and love, which lord Buddha spread 2,556 years ago are still relevant.
President Yadav expressed hope that the Buddha Jayanti will boost harmony and brotherhood among peoples.
Gautam The Buddha is one of the most important enlightened being who has walked on this earth. One of the greatest contribution of Buddha to seekers was vipassana meditation technique. More people have become enlightened through vipassana meditation than by any other method.
Buddha taught the path of witnessing the thoughts and actions. Being aware of one’s speech, actions and thoughts was one of the fundamental teaching of Osho. Meditation is all about staying in the present moment and be aware and conscious. In meditation we become witness to our thoughts and feelings. Witnessing is an transforming force and it transforms the energy into its highest possible state. Key thing is to be aware of our negative desires and thoughts. The miracle of witnessing is that, If we are aware of our thoughts then the thoughts disappear and pure nothingness is left.
According to Buddha, the cause of our misery is our identification with the mind. As long as we are living in mind, then desires will continue and each desire leads to misery. Desire is the root cause of misery. So buddha taught the path of witnessing the desires and thus going beyond the mind.
Here are some of the quotes of Buddha which will be helpful to a seeker on the path
- Never in this world can hatred be stilled by hatred; it will be stilled only by non-hatred — this is the law of eternal.
- Let go of anger. Let go of pride. When you are bound by nothing
You go beyond sorrow.
- An unreflecting mind is a poor roof. Passion, like the rain, floods the house. But if the roof is strong, there is shelter. Whoever follows impure thoughts Suffers in this world and the next. In both worlds he suffers And how greatly.
- The Buddhas do but tell the way; it is for you to swelter at the task.
- Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.
- Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one getting burned.
- Few cross over the river. Most are stranded on this side. On the riverbank they run up and down. But the wise man, following the way, Crosses over, beyond the reach of death. He leaves the dark way For the way of light.
- Death is not to be feared so much by one who has lived wisely.