Brahman Samaj Nepal has enforced a general strike in Jhapa district. The Samaj organized the strike with a demand to remove the Brahmans from the list of ´others´. Vehicles plying on the roads have come to standstill, while educational institutions, factories, markets have downed their shutters.
Public transportations, factories, schools and colleges, shops and businesses are closed in Janakpur since the morning due to the general strike.
Life has been partially affected in Chitwan as well due to the general strike organized by the Tharu National Liberation Front demanding a Tharu autonomous state.
- Indefinite Janakpur bandh against blast (himalini.com)
- Families of the four who were killed in yesterday’s blast in Janakpur mourned the deaths of their dear ones and were concerned about their futur (himalini.com)
- blast in Janakpur, four Dead‚ injures 10 (himalini.com)
- Ranju Jha, Bimal Charan and Jhagadu Manda killed in Bomb blast in Janakpur (himalini.com)
- Who is Rajan Mukti? (himalini.com)
- Morcha okay with SRC’s 10-state model (himalini.com)
- Maoist will lead consensus govt: PM Bhattarai (himalini.com)
- Black flags greet DPM Gachchhadar in Janakpur (himalini.com)