Saeed says his anti-NATO stand prompted U.S. move

Lashing out at the U.S. for putting a bounty of $10 million on his head, Jamaat-ud-Dawa chief Hafiz Mohammad Saeed on Tuesday said Washington was “frustrated” with him for his countrywide protests against the resumption of NATO supplies and drone strikes.

“We are not hiding in caves for bounties to be set on finding us. I think the U.S. is frustrated because we are taking out countrywide protests against the resumption of NATO supplies and drone strikes,” the LeT founder was quoted as saying by Al-Jazeera news channel.

He added, “I believe either the U.S. has very little knowledge and is basing its decisions on wrong information being provided by India or they are just frustrated”.

Saeed claimed the U.S. move was prompted by the fact that he had been organising rallies against the reopening of NATO supply lines through Pakistan, which were closed after a cross-border attack that killed 24 Pakistani soldiers in November.

The U.S. had on Monday night announced a $10 million bounty on Pakistan-based Saeed who is also the mastermind of the 26/11 Mumbai attacks.

Meanwhile, Pakistan Interior Minister Rehman Malik said he is yet to receive any official intimation from the U.S. and noted that Saeed had been put under house arrest but was given bail by the Supreme Court.

“We should have been taken into confidence as to what has happened,” he said when asked about the U.S. putting a reward on Saeed’s head.The Hindu

Loading...

Leave a Reply

Be the First to Comment!

Notify of
avatar
wpDiscuz
%d bloggers like this: