Chairman Pushpa Kamal Dahal, in an interview with the Dishanirdesh program conducted by the presumed (?) “Lone” veteran and highly intelligent journalist Vijay Kumar Pandey for Kantipur Television Channel has expressed that ‘he wishes to make great contributions to peace and constitutional process without being in power’. Saintly expressions.
“Unfortunately, both Pandey and Dahal are widely perceived as highly wobbly characters in their respective domain. This is how the public takes them both with no prejudice.
The program and its anchor since its launching with the state owned Nepal Television decades back has not only switched to various television channels but also made frequent and long stoppages”, critics have it and add, “Interestingly the widely viewed program after months of stoppage always begins with a big bang”.
But the bang is certainly an artificial one as it proves to be a short-lived one.
Be that as it may, when asked by intelligent media veteran Pandey that he is, whether he ( Prachanda)feels peace and constitutional processes could have been concluded under his own leadership (in government), Dahal had made these saintly remarks.
He adds, “This does not mean that I am becoming a saint. This is not a strategy instead it is my belief. I wish I could work for more 8-10 years for the Nepali people.”
Analysts claim that his rule has already been enough. No more service people need from Chairman Dahal.
“Due to Sushil Ji, we could reach to no conclusion. He said that he could not make any decision on the issue of state restructuring right at the Resort meeting. We also could not force him”, Dahal lamented. The television show was yet interesting one worth watching.
- “Demanding PM’s resignation is a conspiracy to plunge the country into another war (himalini.com)
- Final negotiations on statute begin (himalini.com)
- I see the possibility of formation of two national unity governments – one led by Maoists and the other by NC – before May 27,” Dahal told (himalini.com)
- Maoists soften stance before oppn pressure Agree to conclude peace process first (himalini.com)
- Maoists decide to reactivate YCL (himalini.com)