Aamir Khan brought up the issue of child sex abuse in the second episode of Satyamev Jayate on Sunday. Yesteryears screen diva Sridevi made a special appearance on the show, her first appearance with Bollywood‘s Mr. Perfectionist. The 48-year-old came to meet Harish Aiyer, one of the
victims of child abusewho told Aamir that he was abused by a man for 11 years. He also said that when he tried to tell his
mother, she didn’t take him seriously.
At that time his only support was his dog and Bollywood movies, especially the ones starring Sridevi. And that is why the actress was invited on the show.
Harish was excited when he received a gift from his favourite star.
On the show, Aamir spoke to several other victims who narrated their horrific experiences of being molested, sodomised and threatened by their tormentors.
Cinderella Prakash, another victim, said how she was abused by a 55-year-old man when she was just 12.
According to a survey, 53 percent children who went through child sexual abuse were boys.
- Satyamev Jayate: Sridevi makes Harish Aiyer happy (anoopdubey.wordpress.com)
- Satyamev Jayate: Grisly tales of child sex abuse (ibnlive.in.com)
- Satyamev Jayate 2nd episode reviews, reactions and Video (Child sexual abuse) (idubba.com)
- Satyamev Jayate: The impact of Aamir Khan’s show (ibnlive.in.com)
- What to expect from upcoming second episode of Satyamev Jayate? (idubba.com)
- Satyamev Jayate: Episode 2 on abuse of children? (ibnlive.in.com)